What we do
|History of the Chelmsford Branch 1963. We were not always the branch you see today. History
|Chelmsford Branch Autumn Winter Newsletter 2016/17 - Newsletter
|Check out our videos - Behaviour issues to baking cakes and cookies. See the left navigation bar.
Gifts in Wills
By leaving a gift in your will you can help change the lives of thousands of cats and kittens for years to come.
Without the kindness of people who remember Cats Protection in their wills we would not be the charity we are today; these special gifts fund more than half of everything we do. How to leave a gift in your will.
2017 Fundraising Events.
Love your cat weekend. 11th and 12th February 2017 raised £220.
Spring Fayre 25th March 2017. Raised £597.83.
Jumble sale 1st April 2017 at Danbury village hall. Raised £360.69
Easter Fayre at St Lukes. Raised £342.11. Well done Norma and Victoria.
Our first Easter Eggxtravaganza at the adoption centre raised £450.
Pat and Robins May Fayre raised £1357.00. Well Done!
Pawsome Tea afternoon/weekend at end of May, raised £415. Thank you :)
Plant sale raised £485.35. Well done Victoria and Norma.
Photographic competition raised £185. Calendar will be on sale from 12/8/17
Mad Hatters teaparty 15th July raised £300. A fun and successful event.
Family Fun Day 12th August. Fabulous day and a great turnout, we raised £3689.76.
Halloween and Black Cat Day. £363. Fun spooky time had by all with some great fancy dress.
Need advice about your cat or kitten? We have a range of leaflets
that may help.
Cat Guardians is the free service provided by Cats Protection, aimed at giving peace of mind to cat owners concerned about what might happen if they were to pass away before their cat.
Our Promise.If you have cats, we know how much they mean to you. Should something happen to you, you will naturally want to make sure that someone is there to care for the cat or cats you love. Through our Cat Guardians service, individuals can make arrangements with us so that in the event of their death, we will take care of their cats and try to find them a loving new home. Furthermore, Cats Protection promises never to put a healthy cat to sleep, so you can feel assured that we will give your feline friend all the love and care they need until we can find them the new home they deserve.
Cats Protection generally reccommends that cats are neutered at around four months of age or younger.
Neutered cats live longer, healthier lives and it is the most humane way to stop unwanted pregnancies. Neutering also prevents some cancers, reduces straying, fighting and spraying.
Cats Protection may be able to help assist you with the cost of neutering your cat. Call us on 01245 478389 for more information.
Why do we encourage neutering
- One unneutered female can produce 18 kittens a year.
- An unneutered female can produce up to 3 litters per year with 5 to 6 kittens in a litter.
- If left unneutered this could lead to 20,000 descendants over 5 years.
- Cats can start breeding from 4 months of age.
- Cats will readily breed with their brothers and sisters.
- Length of pregnancy is 9 weeks.
- A female can come into season again just 6 weeks after giving birth.
- Female cats in season will call and wail every 3 weeks during the breeding season, January to August
- Unneutered females are at risk of developing cancers of the ovaries, uterus and mammary glands.
- Unneutered males are at risk of developing tumours of the testicles